Code of Conduct for Coaches
- Remember that as a coach of an ‘age-grade team’ you are acting ‘in loco parentis’ and that you have a duty of care to all your players.
- Lead by example - young people need a coach they can respect as a Role Model.
- Be generous with your praise and never ridicule, shout at players for making mistakes or losing a match.
- Teach your players that the Laws of the Game are mutual agreements which no one should evade or break.
- Ensure that you are appropriately qualified by gaining the relevant coaching accreditation for your particular level.
- Be reasonable in your demands on the players’ time, energy and enthusiasm.